Extensive dental issues can significantly impact oral health, aesthetics, and overall well-being. Dr. Mike Martinsen is an expert full-mouth reconstruction, a comprehensive approach to restoring your smile and oral function. Whether dealing with multiple dental concerns or seeking a complete smile makeover, our full-mouth reconstruction services in Fairview can help you achieve optimal oral health and a beautiful smile.
What is Full-Mouth Reconstruction?
Full-mouth reconstruction, also known as full-mouth rehabilitation or smile makeover, is a personalized treatment plan combining various dental procedures to address various oral health issues. These issues may include missing teeth, tooth decay, gum disease, misaligned teeth, bite problems, etc. Full-mouth reconstruction aims to restore both the functional and aesthetic aspects of your smile, ultimately improving your quality of life.
When is Full-Mouth Reconstruction Necessary?
We may recommend full-mouth reconstruction for individuals facing multiple dental challenges, such as:
- Severe Tooth Decay: Extensive cavities or decay that affect numerous teeth may require comprehensive restoration.
- Missing Teeth: Multiple missing teeth can lead to difficulties in chewing and speaking and a less-than-desirable appearance.
- Gum Disease: Advanced periodontal (gum) disease can cause tooth loss and damage to the supporting structures of your teeth.
- TMJ Disorders: Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders and bite issues can result in chronic pain and discomfort.
- Multiple Cosmetic Concerns: If you have multiple aesthetic concerns, such as discolored, misaligned, or worn teeth, full-mouth reconstruction can provide a comprehensive solution.
The Full-Mouth Reconstruction Process
A successful full-mouth reconstruction involves a series of steps personalized to your specific needs:
We Would Love to See You!
Click the link below to schedule your appointment.
What are the Benefits of Full-Mouth Reconstruction?
Full-mouth reconstruction offers numerous benefits:
- Restored Oral Health: Addresses underlying dental issues and promotes better oral health.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Creates a beautiful, natural-looking smile that boosts your confidence.
- Improved Functionality: Restores proper bite alignment, enabling effective chewing and speaking.
- Enhanced Comfort: Relieves pain and discomfort associated with dental problems.
- Customized Solutions: Tailored treatment plans meet your unique needs and goals.
Our Full-Mouth Reconstruction Services
Full-mouth reconstruction involves a combination of dental procedures to address various oral health issues and restore both function and aesthetics to your smile. The treatments chosen for a full-mouth reconstruction plan depend on your dental needs. Here are some of the different types of full-mouth reconstruction services commonly included:
Dental Fillings: Dental fillings repair teeth with cavities or minor damage. They use materials like amalgam, composite resin, or porcelain.
Dental Crowns: Crowns are custom-made caps placed over damaged or weakened teeth to restore their shape, strength, and function. They utilize various materials, including porcelain, ceramic, metal, or a combination.
Dental Bridges: Dental bridges replace one or more missing teeth. They consist of artificial teeth (pontics) anchored to adjacent natural teeth or dental implants.
Dental Implants: Dental implants are titanium posts surgically implanted into the jawbone to replace missing tooth roots. They provide a stable foundation for crowns, bridges, or dentures.
Dentures: Dentures are removable prosthetic devices that replace multiple missing teeth. They can be partial dentures (replacing some teeth) or complete dentures (replacing all teeth in one arch).
Gum Disease Treatment: Periodontal treatments are essential for addressing gum disease, which can cause tooth loss and affect overall oral health. Scaling and root planing, gum grafts, and laser therapy are common procedures.
Root Canal Therapy: Root canals treat infected or damaged tooth pulp, preventing the need for extraction and preserving the natural tooth.
Tooth Extractions: Sometimes, severely damaged or infected teeth must be extracted to prevent further complications. Extractions can make way for other restorative procedures.
Cosmetic Dentistry: Cosmetic treatments like teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, and dental bonding can enhance the appearance of your smile as part of a full-mouth reconstruction.
TMJ Disorder Treatment: If you suffer from temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, treatments like splints, orthodontics, or bite adjustment may be incorporated into your plan.
Bone Grafting: In cases where the jawbone has deteriorated due to tooth loss or gum disease, bone grafting procedures may be necessary to build a sturdy foundation for dental implants.
Transform Your Smile and Oral Health with Full-Mouth Reconstruction
If you’re dealing with multiple dental issues or simply seeking comprehensive dental care, Fairview Dental in Fairview, NC, is here to provide expert full-mouth reconstruction services. Please schedule a consultation today to discuss your concerns and discover how our tailored treatment plans can help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile. We are committed to restoring oral health and enhancing quality of life through full-mouth reconstruction.