Emergency Dental Services
When dental emergencies strike, you need immediate care from a trusted source. Fairview Dental is your dependable partner in times of dental crisis. Led by our experienced team, including Dr. Mike Martinsen, we provide prompt and effective emergency dentistry services in Fairview, NC, to alleviate pain, address injuries, and safeguard your oral health when unexpected situations occur.
What is Emergency Dentistry?
Emergency dentistry is a branch of dental care that focuses on providing immediate treatment and relief for unexpected dental issues and injuries. These emergencies can range from severe toothaches and infections to broken teeth, knocked-out teeth, or injuries to the jaw or oral tissues. The primary goal of emergency dentistry is to alleviate pain, prevent further damage or infection, and ensure the patient’s oral health and overall well-being. Emergency dentists, like Dr. Martinsen, are trained to respond swiftly and effectively to address urgent dental situations, offering prompt diagnosis, treatment, and guidance to restore oral health and comfort when unexpected dental problems occur.
What to do in a Dental Emergency
In a dental emergency, taking the right steps promptly to alleviate pain, prevent further damage, and ensure the best possible outcome is essential. Here’s what to do:
- Contact Your Dentist: Call our office immediately. We have emergency hours or can guide you on what to do next.
- Manage Pain: If you’re in pain, take over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen (following the recommended dosage) to help manage discomfort until you can see a dentist.
- Toothache: Rinse your mouth gently with warm water and floss to ensure no food particles trapped between teeth that might be causing the pain. Do not apply aspirin or other substances directly to the gum or tooth, which can cause further irritation.
- Chipped or Broken Tooth: If you have a piece of the tooth, keep it in a glass of milk or your saliva. Rinse your mouth gently with warm water to clean the area.
- Knocked-Out Tooth: If you have a knocked-out tooth, handle it by the crown (top), not the root (bottom). Rinse it gently with water if it’s dirty, but do not scrub or remove any attached tissue. Try to reinsert the tooth into its socket and gently hold it in place with clean gauze or a cloth. If reinserting is not feasible, place the tooth in a container with milk or your saliva and get to the dentist as soon as possible. Time is crucial for successful reattachment.
- Loose or Displaced Tooth: Avoid wiggling if a tooth is loose but still attached. Apply light pressure to reposition it to its original alignment and bite down gently to keep it in place. See a dentist immediately.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: If you’ve injured your tongue, lips, or other soft tissues, clean the area gently with warm water. Use a clean cloth or gauze to apply pressure to control bleeding. If bleeding doesn’t stop or is severe, seek immediate medical attention.
- Lost Filling or Crown: If a filling or crown comes loose, you can use dental cement from a drugstore to temporarily reattach it. Avoid chewing on that side of your mouth until a dentist can permanently fix it.
- Swelling: If you have significant facial swelling, it could be a sign of a severe infection or other serious issue. Seek immediate dental or medical attention.
Remember that the most essential thing in a dental emergency is to act quickly and seek professional dental care as soon as possible. Dental emergencies can vary in severity, so it’s always better to avoid caution and consult a dental professional for the appropriate treatment and guidance.
Our Emergency Dentistry Services
When dental emergencies strike, you need rapid and reliable care you can count on. At Fairview Dental, we understand the urgency of such situations, and our dedicated team is here to provide prompt and effective emergency dental services in Fairview, NC. With our experienced staff and a commitment to your well-being, we're ready to address unexpected dental issues, alleviate pain, and restore your oral health when needed.
Toothaches, gum pain, and discomfort can disrupt your life. Our skilled team can quickly diagnose the source of your pain and provide immediate relief, whether it's due to an infection, damaged tooth, or another issue.
We Would Love to See You!
Click the link below to schedule your appointment.
Emergency Dentistry: When You Need Us Most
Dental emergencies can be distressing, but you can count on Fairview Dental in Fairview, NC, to provide you with the expert care you need. Dr. Mike Martinsen and our experienced team are here to address your dental emergencies promptly and effectively so you can regain your oral health and peace of mind.
Emergency Dentistry in Fairview, NC
Don’t hesitate when a dental emergency arises. Contact us immediately, and we’ll provide the relief and care you need to ensure a healthy, pain-free smile again. Your comfort and well-being are our top priorities, and we’re dedicated to being your trusted partner in dental emergencies in Fairview.